Welcome to sentry-jira’s documentation¶
Go to your project’s configuration page (Projects -> [Project]) and select the JIRA tab. Enter the JIRA credentials and Project configuration and save changes. Filling out the form is a two step process (one to fill in data, one to select project).
Once the configuration is saved, you have the option of filling in raw field names (comma separated) that you don’t want displayed on the create form. This is useful if you have plugins installed which use custom fields to store additional data on Issues.
JIRA >= 5.0 is required.
You should use https://<instanceurl> for the configuration since the plugin uses basic auth with the JIRA API to authenticate requests.
- Ensure that the account you’re using has a few key permissions:
You cannot link to a JIRA server behind a firewall, unless sentry is also behind that firewall.
You need to configure the plugin for each Sentry project, and you have the ability to assign a default JIRA project for each sentry project.
JIRA servers with self-signed SSL Certs are supported.
There have been a few changes recently that depend on the version of sentry that is installed alongside the plugin, so I’m keeping track of changes for versions of the plugins (along with which version of sentry they actually support).
- Add support for self-signed SSL Certs for JIRA instances
- Removes self-included select2 library in favour of the one built into sentry
- Now requires at least Sentry v. 5.3.3. If upgrading from a version older than 5.1, check out the sentry upgrade guide http://sentry.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrading/index.html#upgrading-to-5-1
- Add support for the select custom field type in JIRA
- Fixed form -> API type conversions
- Add more specific cache keys for hosted sentry support
- Supports Sentry v 5.0.x - 5.2.x
- Old versions, don’t use them.